Friday, February 1, 2008


This is my project on broken things. I found this as I was walking one day. This is a jar that my roommate made, and he didn't like it so he put it outside. it was there for months, and filled up with rain water. Then when it got cold last week, the water froze and broke the jar. The ice was still there, and I liked that the form of the jar was still there because of the ice, but the jar was broken away. I will have more pictures of this jar later. There is more to this story.

4 comments:

Shaina said...

These are really amazing! The ice molded to the form of the vase is so cool, and I love the lighting! It really shows redemption with the sun rays shining down on it. Really, really cool subject.

Margi Marie said...

The composition of the first photo is amazing and the light beam bursting in through the corner of the second photo is great.
very, broken. Love it

shane edward said...

Abe!!! The photos look good. I love the placement of the jar in the first photo, the broken pieces really add to the picture. Also, the sun glare in the second photo is amazing. The background is a little distracting, but overall you did a great job.

Anita Opazo said...

Abe...I'm still getting a feel for your work, but overall it seems like your ideas for photos stems from transparent and important thoughts so I hope you continue to push yourself to produce work that reflects that. I would love to see you use some fun filters or presets in lightroom to "spice your images up"...unless the raw and "as is" presentation is important to the way you choose to present your work. The important thing is that everything is intentional...thoughtful and the strongest reflection of the story you want to tell.