Sunday, February 10, 2008



So this week we worked on film projects, and I wanted to do B&W because I like the darkroom. My subject was "eyes," and I just wanted to capture eyes. I think that eyes are powerful. If you know the person well, you can read every emotion from just the eyes. The eyes are the windows to soul, and from my experience that is true. I feel like these need some more contrast, but I have a tendency to contrast things too much, so I held back. I didn't work with these in lightroom at all, so what you see is what you get. Enjoy soul spotting.

8 comments:

Zachary said...

Eyes are always a nice call. I wish I had thought of it! There's so much eyes can say.

Wars And The Rumors of Wars said...

Abe I love your pictures so much!

Anita Opazo said...

It's interesting to see how the blog images look verses the prints. I'll admit I like the prints much better as there is much more grey in the blog images.

Thank you again for addressing such a basic element of life by showing the heart of the person...eyes. Like I mentioned in class I'm not sure if I like the nose and how much it's showing...I'd be interested in seeing a cropped image that cuts out some of the nose and makes the eye more "panaoramic".

Your photos reflect your spirit well. Granted I've only know your for a month or so, but you seem like a very transparent person that considers the important and eternal things about life.

Looking forward to seeing more of your images.

Anonymous said...

Good work, bro. Glad to see you're doing some photography!

Charith Norvelle said...

I really like the simplicity in these photos. The second photo is my favorite because i like how her hair comes into the top of the photo leading your eyes down to the bottom so that you look at the whole photo. Sorry I don’t have any recommendations, I don’t know what I would change. ☺

unlisha said...

I love how much the eyes pop out in this photo, the contrast is also very good. I do think I would like the nose cropped off a little more so the focus would stay on the eyes.

unlisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ImageofLife said...

I really like the contrast in the second photo of her eyes, eye makeup, and hair. It makes for a very dramatic photo.