Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh, wake up, sleepers, and rise from the dead!

Reasons why people get up early:
1. To go to work
2. To watch Good Morning America
3. Because they are old
4. Getting over jet lag
5. To go do some extreme sport*
6. To go to the airport
7. Children
8. To do homework before your 8am class
9. To read the Bible and pray

Reasons Why I didn't get up at 6am like I wanted to:
1. I don't have a job
2. I don't have a TV
3. I am not old
4. I am not getting over jet lag
5. I don't know if Shawn White could convince me to wake up at this stage in my life.
6. I go to the airport almost everyday, so no, I will not wake up for it.
7. My children with with their mother
8. I am not in school anymore. Yes!
9. I have no excuse. This is why I wanted to get up. I did manage to make it out of bed at 7 though, so I was able to read my Bible.

This whole things will take some getting used to. Good thing I have French press and the hope for redemption to motivate me to get up. Otherwise it might not happen.

* I find it really interesting that people who normally wouldn't get out of bed until noon can somehow get up at 4am to do their preferred extreme sport such as surfing, snowboarding, skiing, biking, and so on. What is it about doing the things we want to do that makes it so easy to bend over backwards to do them?



But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:
"Wake up, O Sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."
~Ephesians 5:13-14

Happy Monday!

No comments: