Monday, August 11, 2008

The moon doesn't produce its own light, but it reflects the light of something much greater. There is a great spiritual analogy here, and I need not spoon feed it.

I can't believe that it has already been over a week since I was in Oregon. Malibu has a way of wrapping you up and taking you away. There is a lot of momentum here.
Oregon was good. It was so good to see people. I was surprised at the interactions I had with old friends, and shocked at my visit with one old friend in particular. As usual, God had things under control, and my prayers were answered. They were not answered in the way I thought they would be, but who cares anyway.
So the trip to the States strengthened my faith. I was afraid of the opposite, but talk about a good change in plot.

Before I know it I will be back in the U.S. with real world problems and complicated solutions.
I am excited though. It will be really good to be real for once. Life hasn't been real much in the past few years. What is real life? I suppose we can live a life that seems very real to us, but is quite fake to others and visa versa.
I will do my best with the Holy Spirit guiding me.

I hope this read finds you well.
Blessings

3 comments:

kkays said...

I'm grateful my kids got to spend time with you last months.

I'm also grateful you've found the Lord capable and strong.

I want to hear more about your last few months of journey with Him...coffee? On me?

Leah said...

Dearest Abe - your blog thoughts are so inspiring and refreshing. Thank you so much for sharing your heart in this way. We miss you down South (relative to where you are) and can't wait to have you around again. Also, your pictures are looking amazingly beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us in on the process, I realize this is late in response, but it's true - what Leah said- that your words and journey shared here are inspiring. Bummed I missed you when you came through.